Sports and School Physical Exam Clinic Q&A
Here at Mesquite Medical Clinic, our amazing team of primary care physicians is devoted to providing each member of our community with top-quality, affordable sports physical assessments. For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 5115 N Galloway Ave #203 Mesquite TX 75150.
Tabel of Contents:
We believe every person has the right to accessible health assessments, diagnoses, and treatments. A few of the services provided at Mesquite Medical Clinic include telemedicine, laboratory testing, sports physicals, preventative care, and much more. One reason you may need to visit our primary care clinic is for a sports or school physical exam. For additional information on sports or school physical exams, we encourage you to read the following Q&A!
A sports physical involves a thorough physical examination to ensure you are healthy enough to participate in competitive athletics. The most common reason you may need a sports physical is if you are recovering from a previous injury or are being signed to a new college or professional team.
During this type of medical examination, you can expect your primary care physician to run a series of screening tests and ask you a list of questions about your medical history. Sports specialists will know how to spot early signs of specific conditions and help prevent career-ending injuries. This will help you compete at higher levels and get you through your career while maintaining optimal health.
Whether you’re going back to elementary school, high school, college, or university, getting a physical examination is a great idea. Running preventative screening tests and keeping vaccinations up-to-date can help reduce the risk of getting ill during the school year. Getting sick during the school year can decrease academic performance and make completing assignments much more difficult than it needs to be. School physicals are one amazing way to avoid illness and prevent the spread of potentially serious diseases.
During a physical examination, your physician will ask your questions, answer any questions you may have, and run a series of screening tests.
Questions to expect from your doctor include the following:
• Are you on any current medications?
• Do you have any current or past injuries?
• Have you noticed any new or worsened symptoms?
• Do you have any allergies?
• Does your family have any history of chronic conditions?
• What is your lifestyle like?
The physical examination portion may include:
• Temperature check
• Testing heart and lung function
• Check joints and refluxes
• Palpation on the abdomen, neck, and underarms
• Ear examination
• Blood pressure check
• Ophthalmoscope test (eye check)
• Skin test
• Balance and coordination test
There is very little preparation necessary for sports or school physicals. Mesquite Medical Clinic recommends you bring the following:
• A list of any concerns or new symptoms
• A list of old or current injuries
• Full medical and family history including any medications, previous surgeries, or implanted devices
• Insurance information
• A list of questions you may have for your primary care physician or sports specialist
• Any other information you think is important for your specialist to know
Benefits of completing sports or school physicals include the following:
• Prevents illness
• Reduces the risk of illness
• Stops the spread of certain diseases
• Updates immunizations and vaccinations
• Identifies early warning signs of injury and chronic conditions
If you have any more questions, concerns, or inquiries about sports and school physical exam services at Mesquite Medical Clinic, please request a consultation appointment online. Alternatively, you can give our front desk a call, you may also visit our walk-in clinic as we will happily answer any further questions you have and book you in with one of our respected specialists. Our team understands the tremendous value of athletics and education. We truly look forward to helping you get back to your sport or school as quickly as possible! For more information, call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 5115 N Galloway Ave #203 Mesquite TX 75150. We serve patients from Mesquite TX, Garland TX, Dallas TX, Rowlett TX, Balch Springs TX, and Plano TX.