Flu Shots Clinic in Mesquite, TX
The flu shot is a safe and highly effective vaccine that reduces your chance of contracting the flu and also minimizes symptoms if you do. For patients in Mesquite TX, flu shots are available at Mesquite Medical Clinic. For more information contact us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 5115 N Galloway Ave #203 Mesquite TX 75150.
Table of Contents:
Influenza, more commonly known as the flu, is a contagious respiratory illness that is characterized by a variety of symptoms. Common flu symptoms include:
● Sore throat
● Shortness of breath
● Chills and sweats
● Muscle or body aches
● Runny or congested sinuses
It is common for flu symptoms to onset abruptly and last for several days. In children, it is common for symptoms to also include diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting. It is quite easy to contract influenza, as people begin to be contagious about a day before exhibiting symptoms. In addition, influenza strains are always changing and mutating. Therefore, even if you have had influenza in the past, it is very likely you will contract it again.
The flu is an illness that can range from mild to severe, and in extreme cases, it can be fatal. It is very important to protect yourself from viral respiratory illnesses by getting vaccinated. When vaccinated against the flu, your risk of catching the virus is reduced by 40% to 60%.
Getting a flu shot each year can help reduce the risk of getting the flu. It can also help to reduce the severity of symptoms if you do get the flu. The flu vaccine works by triggering an immune response in the body, which helps to build immunity to the specific strains of the virus that are included in the vaccine. This means that if you come into contact with the virus, your body will be better prepared to fight it off.
Receiving the flu shot is especially important for people who are at high risk of developing serious complications from the flu, such as older adults, young children, pregnant women, and people with chronic health conditions. It’s also important for people who live with or care for high-risk individuals, to protect them as well.
Flu shots are safe and effective for people of all ages. Standard-dose inactivated flu shots are recommended for everyone older than 6 months, with very few exceptions. Before receiving the vaccine, it is advised to consult your healthcare provider if you:
● Have a severe, life-threatening allergy to any ingredients included in the vaccine
● Have a history of Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
● Have a weakened immune system or an immune disorder
● Are taking immunosuppressant medications
● Are not feeling well
It is important to discuss your medical history and allergies with your healthcare provider to determine which flu vaccine is safe and recommended for you. The flu shot is highly recommended for those who have a high risk of complications if they get the virus. High risk groups include:
● Children 6 months through 4 years of age – Children are at a higher risk of developing serious complications from the flu, and the flu shot is the best way to protect them.
● Pregnant women – Pregnant women are at an increased risk of complications from the flu, and the flu shot is safe for both the mother and the developing fetus.
● People 50 years of age and older – As people age, their risk of developing serious complications from the flu increases. The flu shot can help protect older adults from the flu.
● People with certain chronic health conditions – People with certain chronic health conditions such as asthma, diabetes, and heart disease are at an increased risk of developing serious complications from the flu. The flu shot can help protect them from the flu.
Yes, flu shots are available and accessible in Mesquite, Texas. The flu shot can help reduce the risk of getting the flu, as well as the severity of symptoms if you do get the flu. Our clinic has a team of trained healthcare professionals who will administer the flu shot, and we offer flexible scheduling to make it easy for you to get the shot. Don’t wait, protect yourself and your loved ones from the flu by scheduling your flu shot today. For more information call us today or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 5115 N Galloway Ave #203 Mesquite TX 75150. We serve patients from Mesquite TX, Garland TX, Dallas TX, Rowlett TX, Balch Springs TX, and Plano TX.